The Scorching Triathlons (also affectionately known as the ‘Scorchers’) are:
- A range of multisport events including Triathlons, Duathlons, Open Water Swimming events and any other event ideas we come up with!
- Are based in Wellington, New Zealand
- Are run by ‘the Angels’, a brother and sister team, Daryl Bloomfield (the big brother) aka Angel, and Keri Bloomfield (the bossy little sister) aka Angel 2
- The Angels are supported by a close group of family and friends who work together as a professional event management team who have a strong track record in delivering quality events
- Scorching Events are (as commented by our participants) â??fun, friendly, organised, and supportive professionalâ?? events
- Scorching Events are for participants of all abilities (from Scorcher Virgins to ones who have been around the block once, twice or more)
- They are a participation focused event series. Although we do professionally record all participantsâ?? times – including splits, as we know how some of you like to look at all the important numbers
- Our aim is to encourage fitness and participation through a series of non competitive events
- There are no first prizes (don’t worry, no group hugs either). We instead have plenty of spot prizes. Our prizegivings are legendary, and worth hanging around for after our events
- Random Fact #1: The first Scorcher was held in May 2003
- Scorching Events attract a loyal following. Our most regular ‘Scorcher-ee’, Helen, is up to 49 events (as at Oct 2010), and we have over 130 participants that have done 10 or more Scorchers, and this summer we could reach our 10,000 registration
- Like to inject a few new tricks every now and then. Every event normally has a theme which we encourage you as a participant to embrace. Such behaviour always increases your odds of winning a spot prize. Our Valentines event even has a Couples Challenge and a ‘Singles’ rack. We never leave anyone out.
- The Angels and Scorcher Crew have a philosophy of working with suppliers and sponsors that are equally professional and we enjoy working with. If we enjoy our job, then this will reflect on the quality of event that we provide
- Scorching Events tend to attract quite a cool bunch of people who ‘get it’ and who’s values match ours.
We believe good events are those that are professional and well organised. Great events also involve a bit of fun too, which we like injecting in large quantities. We hope you can join us for some Scorcher magic soon.